Aldersbrook Primary School believes that each and every student can achieve excellence regardless of size, maturity, coordination, body type, or other physical capability in Physical Education lessons. We encourage all the children to participate in competitive and non-competitive games. We, as a school want to improve the quality of PE for all pupils while teaching lifelong fitness skills in a safe and enjoyable environment.
We are using the Sports premium funding jointly provided by the government and Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for their children. We will be using the funding for;
- Ensuring all children engage in regular activity
- The profile of PE, sport and physical activity raised through school
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Provision of a broad range of sports and activities
- Increased participation in competitive sport