Deputy Headteacher - Aldersbrook Primary School
Teaching - Primary
Teaching Primary Schools
Wanstead, E12 5HL
£66,628.00 - £73,509.00 per annum L15-L19 Outer London Allowance
Aldersbrook Primary School are looking for a Deputy Headteacher – could it be you?
The Head Teacher and Governors at Aldersbrook Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and driven leader to take on the role of Deputy Headteacher. We seek an individual who shares our vision of a school community that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion and nurtures a lifelong love of learning, enabling all of its children to discover the leader within. The Deputy Headteacher should embrace our curriculum, which is intended to support all of our children to be curious, independent, confident and involved. The successful candidate will be a highly visible, collaborative and aspirational leader who will model the highest levels of professionalism and inspire, motivate and develop staff and pupils.
We are looking for someone who:
- is an innovative and strategic thinker with the commitment, drive and ability to add value to a committed leadership team
- is an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills
- is an excellent practitioner, with high expectations of children’s achievements, attainment and behaviour
- has the ability to lead and inspire others
- can think creatively and strategically to bring about positive, fun learning experiences for children
- will value the contribution of a wide and varied extra-curricular provision to pupils’ learning
Our new Deputy Headteacher should be committed to:
- the safeguarding and welfare of children in their care
- working alongside the headteacher to collaborate with all stakeholders and promoting effective communication with staff, children and parents
- embracing their position within our hard-working team of staff and pupils, looking after the wellbeing of both
- further developing, with our leadership team, an exciting, enriching and challenging curriculum that enables measurable pupil progression
- ensuring the highest professional educational standards are provided by our outstanding team of staff by enabling appropriate and challenging professional development opportunities
- keeping our school at the heart of the community and actively promoting and celebrating its successes
In return we can offer:
- fabulous children who want to learn and succeed
- a school committed to Continuing Professional Development for all staff
- a thriving and successful school focused on high achievement for all pupils
- a supportive and dedicated team of staff, governors and parents
- a warm and welcoming school and a happy staffroom!
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged by prior arrangement with the school. Please contact the school to arrange an appointment, details below.
Tel: 0208 989 0210
Aldersbrook Primary School is committed to creating a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership.
For further details about the role please see the application pack
In accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, an online search will be completed on all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. Any relevant information will be discussed further with the applicant during the interview process.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All posts are subject to enhanced disclosure and barring service checks. We expect all adults to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and well-being of our pupils.
How to apply:
To apply for this vacancy, please complete the application form, completing a full education and employment history since leaving school and indicating how you satisfy the criteria set out in the Job Description/Person Specification. Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Interviews are planned to take place on 5th October 2023.
29 September 2023 at 12:00