Aldersbrook Primary School PTA
The PTA is managed by a core committee of parents who work with other parents and staff to organise both social and fundraising events for the school. All the funds raised by the PTA are invested into the school. At Aldersbrook, in the spirit of inclusion, all parents and carers are automatically signed up as members of the PTA when their child joins the school. There are loads of ways you can get involved by offering up your time to plan or run events, your contacts to help us source equipment for events and raffle prizes, or by simply coming along and taking part in the events themselves. If none of that is for you, you can always choose to through money at the situation.
The PTA committee, Mr Hughes, a small number of committed teaching staff and any willing parents meet termly to discuss social events, fundraising and, ultimately, how funds will be spent. Generally, we try to fund initiatives or equipment that will benefit the whole school, or as many children as possible. As Aaron Sorking wrote, decisions are made by those that show up; so please do consider coming along. We’re a friendly bunch, a lot less Motherland than you’d think, and we’d love your ideas.
In an average year, in the absence of global pandemics and the like, we run or support the following events as a minimum:
- Discos (Year 6 leavers, Halloween & Spring)
- Winter Trail (December)
- Jumble Trail (May/ June)
- 5p race (May)
- School Community Makeover Day (May/ June)
- Monthly cake sale (last Friday of every month)
- Break the Rules Day (March)
- Summer Fair (July)
In 2022/23 we’ve added some new social events that have worked really well and which we hope to repeat.
- Winyl Night (vinyl, wine and dancing)
- Quiz Night
- Hair Raisers (Teaching parents and carers – male and female - how to plait hair)
We also run a Christmas Gift Donation project in December and sell discounted tickets to Adventure Island.
By signing up to easyfundraising you can help fundraise for the school when you shop, and even when you book holidays. Go to the website or download the app and simply set Aldersbrook School PTA as your preferred cause. When you shop via easyfundraising the PTA gets a percentage of the purchase value at no cost to you. It's incredibly simple and brings in great money for the PTA.
You can also donate directly to the school here on the PTA donation page.
Some employers offer a give as you earn scheme, or will match charitable donations you make. If your employer does this, let us know and we’ll get all the information you need to you.
What we’ve funded:
As a result of all of the above in recent years the PTA has fully or partly funded:
- The school double decker Library Bus in the KS2 playground
- The Phone Box Library in KS1 playground
- The CICI Kitchen (where all children have cooking lessons)
- Book bags for all Reception children each year
- Recorders for all Year 2 children
- Library books and classroom books
- A Guinness Book of Records for every classroom each year
- A set of laptops that can be moved around classes
- The climbing wall in the KS2 playground and its ongoing repairs
- Games for the children on days it’s too wet to play outside
- Sports equipment for the playgrounds, such as goal nets and netball/ basketball hoops
- The Forest School area and equipment
- The playground markings in both the KS1 and KS2 playgrounds
- An ice cream van on national celebrations such as the Queens Platinum Jubilee and the Coronation of King Charles
How will you get involved?
Please use this Google Form to tell us how involved (or not) you’d like to be.